cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHERE can I get support for finance at Dropbox?

WHERE can I get support for finance at Dropbox?

Jocke ILLUMINATION
New member | Level 2

I'm trying to get hold of someone at DropBox who can tell me why money has been taken from my bank account without me having purchased any service?

7 Replies 7

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jocke ILLUMINATION, let's jump right into this!

Have you by any chance tried using our self served look up tool to identify the email address that's associated with the charges in question?

As for Support, you can contact them through this form while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do, feel free to send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on my end.

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jocke ILLUMINATION
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan!

No, I have not tested the "self look up tool". I want to get hold of someone to talk to about this problem, but you are completely missing contact details and when I tried to email a question, I only get the reply that I will be contacted soon, which has not happened at all. Tried 2 times.

The only information I have is that 120 dollars has been deducted from my account : 231023 DROPBOX DB.TT/CCHELP USD 231024 SEK 1349.31

But I have not received any invoice or any email about what this is about. I don't use your services and therefore don't want to pay for them you might understand?

My email is [email removed as per Community Guidelines]
Please get back there with an explanation

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jocke ILLUMINATION, can you send me your ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on our system and see where it's at? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Jocke ILLUMINATION
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan

I don't know what "ticket number reference" is or where to find it?
I showed you in my previous answer what is written on my account statement from the bank, there is no reference number, only that it is you who have withdrawn the money from my account.
I have also looked through my mail without finding any mail from you regarding this.

Mark
Super User II

@Jocke ILLUMINATION 

If you havent given your card details to Dropbox then your card has been compromised and so you need to contact your card provider to seek assistance 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jocke ILLUMINATION
New member | Level 2

Hello Mark!

Yes, I have used and paid for DropBox before, but I don't have your payment service now, and I don't know why you have withdrawn money from my account now without sending an invoice? You must be able to see from my profile, which is linked to my email, that I don't have access to your payment service? My bank has asked me to contact you about this.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jocke ILLUMINATION, I just sent you an email in order for us to have a closer look into this. 

Reply back to me, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Jocke ILLUMINATION New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?