cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my account to 2000GB via Ideal not working

Upgraded my account to 2000GB via Ideal not working

Mitchvdd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

A few days ago I decided to upgrade my account to 2000GB and followed the steps provided to me. I used Ideal as payment method and the money was eventually removed from my bank, but my account remains unupgraded.

I have tried to follow the steps by asking the bot questions and trying to as questions by following the billing help options, but none of them seemed to be able to help with any Ideal related questions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hurdle
New member | Level 2

Hi Nancy, Further to the above discussion would just like to add that the propblem got solved for me because dropbox refunded my payment. I will now take out a subscription using a credit card.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Mitchvdd, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Did you upgrade via the Dropbox site directly, or via the mobile app?

According to your bank statement, were you charged by Dropbox, iTunes or Google Play?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mitchvdd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks so far. I have upgrated via the dropbox site directly, and I have been charged bij dropbox. If necessary, I can also send the bank account number from which I got charged.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the info, do you see the payment on your account here? Are you certain you were signed into the correct account when upgrading the plan?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Mitchvdd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

No, I cant see the payment and i didnt get any confirmation. I do use this account.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link, choose 'Other' and then put in an email address that you can access, followed by your billing info.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Essia Houtman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also searching in this process. The same thing happened to me and by following these steps above I cannot make the payment via ''Ideal'', only Paypal ore google playstort, but that's the point, we paid via Ideal, on internet explorer... There is no option to e-mail or call? I have previously been contacted via a different email address, but I was not helped there, does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? I paid but did not receive any confirmation or additional memory storage. Please help me out.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that, @Essia Houtman

If you check your bank statement, does your transaction appear as pending or completed?

Do you have any other Dropbox accounts (under a different email address) that could have been upgraded instead? 

As for the payment method option when logging your ticket, you can put a different one, and clarify that this is about your iDEAL payment, when writing your email. After you've submitted your ticket, please don't forget to send us your ticket number here, as well. 

Thanks!

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

David Hurdle
New member | Level 2

Same thing happened to me. I stronhgly recommend that dropbox remove IDEAL payment as an option until this is sorted out. I am particularly annoyed about this as no dropbox mechanism is available to get this fixed apart from via a user forum. Chtting to a bot isd just a waste of good AI electricity.

David Hurdle
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, the option "other" does not seem to exist any more.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

David Hurdle New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?