cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to cancel my Dropbox Sign subscription and get a refund for my payment

I want to cancel my Dropbox Sign subscription and get a refund for my payment

SamuelWakeman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

So awhile ago in October I made a dropbox Sign account so I could get my roomates to sign an agreement easier on a pdf. It wasn't the only way but this was the fastest way and I believe there was a free version, or a free trial that I may have signed up for. I could've sworn that I canceled this subscription but apparently I didn't and that's on me I guess.... When reviewing my taxes and credit expenses for the past year I came across 180 dollar charge in December. I was wondering if it was possible to get it refunded as I only made 3 or 4 signature requests during that one month. Pretty disappointed by this page Contact Dropbox support - Dropbox  and I have no idea who to contact to pursue this. Anyone got any advice for me?

149 Replies 149

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Taner, sorry to jump in. It sounds like you’ve been billed for a Dropbox Sign plan, and not a Dropbox subscription. 

To log a ticket with the Dropbox Sign support team, please visit this page.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Daveinjt
New member | Level 2

I saw a thread where you were helping customers cancel accounts they don't need.  Could you please help me too?  I used a Dropbox business plan for years, but no longer need it.  I was able to cancel the plan, but I can't get Dropbox sign to stop billing me.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox Sign is a totally separate service - have you gone to that site and cancelled?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Daveinjt
New member | Level 2

That worked.  Thank you!

pc72024
New member | Level 2

Hi Hannah,

I am in the same situation - my account was billed last year and I want to cancel and not be billed again.  I do not understand why I can not do this from the website - your instructions Say Account - Settings then Plan. Also when I go to Billing History - there is no one who I can contact.  How can that be when I have a billing statement from my credit card that clearly shows I paid for an account last year?

Please contact me ASAP.  I do not want to post my email address on an open board.  Why can I not call or even use a chat box - to speak to a real person to get this resolved?

Your website says you have a chat bot - but it can not be located anywhere!

The number listed on the credit card to call to disputed the bill is no longer connected REMOVED

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @pc72024, happy Monday! 

Not to worry! I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this.

Reply back to me, and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks a bunch!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

GabCarvel
Explorer | Level 3

I have a Basic Account but still the 29/06/2024 I got charged 193,60€ by "Dropbox Sign/Hell", on my account there is no sign of facturations and on the transfer there is no ID!

I never accepted any payment. I dont know where it comes from. 

Please help me because this looks super fraudulent!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @GabCarvel, thanks for reaching out to us.

It seems like you somehow created a Dropbox Sign subscription.

I would suggest reaching out to the Dropbox Sign support team directly by submitting a ticket to them through this page, so they can assist you further.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

PEG1901
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I discovered I have been billed for 3 years on my credit card for DropBox's Signature plan, formerly known as Hell0Sign at $180. I am not a business and I  do not use their service. I cannot contact them. They reply with a ticket, but I get no response. This is not a way to do business. Someone must have set me up in their plan 3 years ago. The Invoices have no name on them just the billing, which I find strange. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@PEG1901 wrote:

I have been billed for 3 years on my credit card for DropBox's Signature plan, formerly known as Hell0Sign at $180. ... Someone must have set me up in their plan 3 years ago.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Need more support?