cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a phone number to call customer support

I need a phone number to call customer support

mdunk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting billed for a premium account but all my access online is the basic account. I need to talk to a live person. Does anyone have a phone number where I can reach a real life person. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@mdunk wrote:

I am getting billed for a premium account but all my access online is the basic account. I need to talk to a live person. Does anyone have a phone number where I can reach a real life person. 

There is no phone number. Only Business accounts have access to phone support and it's through a callback initiated through their admin console.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@mdunk wrote:

There is no phone number. Only Business accounts have access to phone support and it's through a callback initiated through their admin console.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Divad
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

phone number under Teams & Admi is an option so what is it?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

When you are logged in to an account with it you are given the option to input a number and somebody calls you. There is no inbound support available. 

You can do that at www.dropbox.com/support

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Sara Heath
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

apple has been billing me for the past year ( and I just noticed ) for drop box plus, but, for the last year, drop box says I no longer have plus and needed to upgrade - couldn't explain this to the chat bot lol. Has anyone found a phone number? I dont want to re-enter credit card info since I'm already being billed.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Sara Heath wrote:

apple has been billing me for the past year ... drop box says I no longer have plus ... Has anyone found a phone number?

There is no phone number. Phone support is available to Business customers and it's handled via a callback initiated through the account's Admin console. All others can find the support options available to them on the Support page.

You can try contacting Support, but since you're being billed by Apple you really should be contacting them. Dropbox won't have any information on your payments as it's Apple that processes them. If you do contact Dropbox Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Sara Heath, how are you today?

It sounds possible that you upgraded a different account than the one you're using.

Have you tried contacting Apple in order for them to help you locate where the charge is coming from?

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Lineman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I need to speak with someone from Dropbox customer support - Does anyone have a number? This is crazy!? Very Frustrated 

Lineman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Were you able to find a phone number? This is crazy! 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Lineman, could you elaborate on the issue you are facing so that we can assist further? 

If it's the same as the OP, could you clarify if you upgraded your account through the website or via the app store on a mobile device?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Wnlewis1988 New member | Level 2
    foodservices New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?