cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to cancel my Dropbox Sign subscription and get a refund for my payment

I want to cancel my Dropbox Sign subscription and get a refund for my payment

SamuelWakeman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

So awhile ago in October I made a dropbox Sign account so I could get my roomates to sign an agreement easier on a pdf. It wasn't the only way but this was the fastest way and I believe there was a free version, or a free trial that I may have signed up for. I could've sworn that I canceled this subscription but apparently I didn't and that's on me I guess.... When reviewing my taxes and credit expenses for the past year I came across 180 dollar charge in December. I was wondering if it was possible to get it refunded as I only made 3 or 4 signature requests during that one month. Pretty disappointed by this page Contact Dropbox support - Dropbox  and I have no idea who to contact to pursue this. Anyone got any advice for me?

149 Replies 149

markjs
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

OK Megan - you sent me an email but it has no information in it.  It just sends me back to the community site where I made the initial inquiry.  What is this all about?  Why can't someone just tell me if I can get my money back?  Why have a community site if there are no answers given?  Why must it be cloaked behind a separate email - and then there is no info in the email?  This should not be so difficult!! Help if possible. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @markjs, I can see that you have successfully responded back to me. 

Therefore you were able to see my reply. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

hoganca
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. Have been paying double subscriptions as somehow two emails are registered and need to cancel and refund. Previously inquired to Dropbox about this at the time when I had access to chat, and they said would refund if I went through process. Now looking into this process and can no longer access the chat or phone! Would appreciate the support to be able to go through with this and obtain due refund.

Many thanks

scottkris
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I have a similar issue. Cancelled account in November 2021. Discovered in May 2022 we were still being charged $12/monthly. I've contacted support for a refund to at least May 2022 but all that has happened is that my account was canceled and now can't log in to get any support. Ticket #21112120

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @hoganca, I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this! 

Also, @scottkris, I can see that you opened a couple of tickets, however they were closed due to inactivity since you didn't respond back to the agent in time. I sent you a new email, so please respond back to me, as soon as possible, and we'll take it from there.

Thank you both!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jo551
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have had the same issue and have been on a run about mission. 

I cancelled my trial subscription only to find out that I have been charged $184.67.  My bank said that they can not help and I can not find anything on Drop Box to help.

Please contact me asap to help me cancel my trial and reemburse me the money that Drop Box has taken out of my bank account.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Jo551, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clarify if you're referring to a charge for a Dropbox Sign subscription or if you're talking about a Dropbox subscription? 

If it's the latter, did you try these steps to cancel it? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Presh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have a plus subscription for $119.98 per year .

I used the free subscription option . Now , I got debited an amount that does not make sense . Would you please reply and advise further . Thanks you .

suarezchris
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Did DB refund your money? I need to cancel one of my accounts and was looking for the answer if they refund the balance of the plan. 

suarezchris
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Did they refund you? Looking for answers as I have to cancel one of my accounts as well in the middle of the plan. 

Need more support?