cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an unknown charge for a Dropbox subscription. How can I cancel it?

I have an unknown charge for a Dropbox subscription. How can I cancel it?

bacchaegrl
New member | Level 2

Hello, I am being billed for a dropbox subscription and I cannot tell where it is coming from.  There is no record within dropbox that I have paid anything since this summer. I am still getting 21 dollars pulled out of my account monthly.  The withdrawal says it's coming from dropbox, yet it does not provide an alphanumeric code that this website seems to intent on me producing.  Who is scamming me here?  Dropbox?  My bank?  Someone else?

Jennae

19 Replies 19

Rich
Super User II

@bacchaegrl wrote:

Hello, I am being billed for a dropbox subscription and I cannot tell where it is coming from.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Hey @bacchaegrl, thanks for joining the Dropbox Community and happy new year!

Were you able to figure this out?

If you don't see a transaction ID attached to the payments, is it possible that you're paying through iTunes/Google Play instead?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

desireebyrd
New member | Level 2

Hello, I rcvd a large charge from dropbox but my dropbox account is the free version. I have spent over 30 minutes trying to figure this out and am very frustrated with the inability to access a customer support rep to help me figure this out. 

Rich
Super User II

@desireebyrd wrote:

I rcvd a large charge from dropbox but my dropbox account is the free version.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

nandan bhatia
New member | Level 2

why you credit amount from my account   

you credit the huge amount

Rich
Super User II

@nandan bhatia wrote:

why you credit amount from my account

Said_
New member | Level 2

Hi, for the past two months my digital card was charged for a drobox subscription that I have no recollection of creating.

I wouldn't be able to provide a transaction number, but if you contact me on my email I can at least verify that I am the owner of that visa card and maybe you can help med understand what account/subscription is connected to my card or help me terminate the subscription and get a refund for the past two transactions.

Best regards, Said

Rich
Super User II

@Said_ wrote:

for the past two months my digital card was charged for a drobox subscription that I have no recollection of creating. ... if you contact me on my email...

Said_
New member | Level 2

Thank you so much! That was very helpful! // Said

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    toddj37 Explorer | Level 3
    Lrdglover New member | Level 2
    LJ90064 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?