cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change from a monthly Google Play subscription to direct Dropbox yearly

Cannot change from a monthly Google Play subscription to direct Dropbox yearly

hselling
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I tried to change my monthly Google Play subscription to a yearly Dropbox direct subscription.

Almost 3 weeks ago I cancelled my Google Play subscription.
Yesterday the Google Play subscription ended.

But Dropbox send me anyway a new invoice for the next month and keeps saying that I can only change the subscription in the Google Play app.

Why doesn't Dropbox downgrade the subscription to a basic subscription (as promised!) and why doesn't Dropbox give me the possibility to pay for a yearly subscription on the Dropbox site (as promised!)?
It looks like that Google Play Store finished the subscription, but that Dropbox isn't informed about that (although Dropbox send me a confirmation, 3 weeks ago).

Synchronizing is still working and I have still 2TB space, But I want to get it right (paying for the next year on the Dropbox site) to prevent more problems.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hselling
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The problem has been solved.
Dropbox downgraded the subscription to basic after a message from Google Play Store (which I contacted) that the subscription via Google Play Store was closed.
After the downgrade I was able to upgrade to a yearly subscription via Dropbox.com.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hselling
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The problem has been solved.
Dropbox downgraded the subscription to basic after a message from Google Play Store (which I contacted) that the subscription via Google Play Store was closed.
After the downgrade I was able to upgrade to a yearly subscription via Dropbox.com.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear that, @hselling!

If you need something else though, you can always give me a shout. 

Cheers.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    hselling Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?