cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25% discount notification for Dropbox Plus

25% discount notification for Dropbox Plus

Dnunes69
New member | Level 2

Today I received 2x a 25% notification on the Annual Plus plan, getting approximately $89
I didn't find the discount and called the chat. They said there is no such discount and in short I was lying.
Did anyone get this discount too? Brazilian users mainly

15 Replies 15

Rich
Super User II

@Dnunes69 wrote:

Today I received 2x a 25% notification on the Annual Plus plan, getting approximately $89

Where did you receive the notification? Do you have a screenshot showing it? Are you sure it was a legit and not a phishing or spam message?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Dnunes69, thanks for reaching out!

Like Rich suggested, can you please send us a screenshot of the notification in question, so we can look into it?

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TedM1
New member | Level 2

I have been a Dropbox user (free subscription) for many years and really like the product (prefer it over Onedrive, Google Drive, iDrive, etc.) but I do not upgrade because I feel the price is too steep for me as a personal user. I would be willing to pay $89 per year for the Personal Plus plan. So if this 25% discount is actually real and not a scam, please let me know and I will upgrade immediately. Unfortunately, I have approached Dropbox a couple of times over the last 4 to 5 years and they are never willing to offer a discount.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @TedM1, I hope you’re doing well!

Do you remember perhaps what did the prompt mention exactly? In case you see it again on your Dropbox account, please make sure to take a screenshot of it, so that we can take a look.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

ronaldjohnson
New member | Level 2

I am a Senior on a fixed income using Dropbox for only personal use since it came out.

They want $119.95 annually to bring my account up to 2 TB.   That is out of my budget realm. 

Is there any program that offers Seniors a reasonable price?.

Thanks!

Mark
Super User II

I'm afraid there isnt @ronaldjohnson 

All I can suggest is Sharing The Idea for a discount scheme. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

darkpatterns
Explorer | Level 4

When I was signing up for a membership, I got this popup:

image.png

(Apologies if this makes anyone jealous if they are excluded from this exclusive offer that may be a special incentive to high valued customers like myself.)

Excited to claim this special offer that Dropbox generously offered me, I hurried to complete my checkout immediately. But despite this the price remained the same $11.99/mo with no discount applied.

It's not possible that this was actually a deceptive attempt by Dropbox to get me to switch to paying for a full year up front, right? I assume it can't be because the popup doesn't mention anything about this!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @darkpatterns, thanks for letting us know about this. 

Can we send you an email, so we can check this out internally?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

darkpatterns
Explorer | Level 4

Of course, @Hannah! Thanks for your eagerness to get to the bottom of this glitch that automatically and subtly selects the annual plan when you click the "Claim my discount" button! Certainly neither Dropbox nor I wants anyone to come away with the wrong impression that they've been taken advantage of by this exclusive special offer when their card accidentally gets charged an extra non-refundable $88.

I'll be sure to update the community after our email discussion so that other Dropbox customers who may receive this exclusive special offer have all of their questions answered. 

EDIT Level 2 and got some cool new badges! Love to see my engagement with this community paying dividends! Thank you and see you at Level 3!! 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    navidsamadi Explorer | Level 3
    darkpatterns Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?