cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox unstable in iPad OS Files App.

Dropbox unstable in iPad OS Files App.

VinceM50
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The problem I have is that Dropbox seems to crash when running on an iPAD via the apple files app. If I open an application that uses the files app, such as Pages or Final Draft, when saving to the Dropbox via the files app, it crashes the app and for the next 4 to 5 minutes if I click on drop box via the files app it just doesn’t load.

Apple has confirmed this is a Dropbox issue (I raised it with them first), and I have not been able to crash the application(s) using Google Drive via files in the same way. 

Can anyone help?
155 Replies 155

Dragon Personal Management
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
yes I’m still getting the problem regularly and I’ve lost my work too. It’s so annoying and no one seems to be able to fix it and to make matters worse now the dropbox app on iPhone keeps locking up in the middle of doing stuff. The only solution to, that is yes, you guessed it to reboot the iPhone at first I thought it was just me but my wife who has a completely different model of iPhone has exactly the same problem. So this is clearly a software issue. Somehow the dropbox iOS apps just seem to have bugs or us unstable. I too have tried reinstalling apps doesn’t seem to solve the problem.

Dfmountainside
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am having the same freezing issues. Did you find a fix. If so, can you email me or help me??Hello there! [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

Dfmountainside
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Meghan, here is my ticket 

Ticket #21247215: Dropbox Support Chat

my email is [email removed as per Community Guidelines

I have all the same frustrating issues and have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, no help.  Anything you can do to help resolve this. If I can’t resolve it, I will need to use another storage app. This is so difficult to use to work.

thx you,

Deborah 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Dfmountainside, thanks for writing to me! 

I was able to locate your ticket number, and it seems that you have one more active email with our support agents. 

You were sent some steps to check for the device in question. Please, keep responding to the agent, in order for them to be able to assist as much as they possibly can, and investigate further. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RAChalmers
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I’m still having this problem. 9th March. 2023.  I do most of my work on the iPad Mini 6, and I’m tired of having to reboot it to get it to connect. 
it then works for a while, but next thing, locks up again.

Saving from or loading to apps, like Affinity Designer, Photo or Publisher, or simply Using Files.

If there’s no solution I’m going to have to abandon Dropbox, it’s just too unreliable in my work environment.

superuser
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Is there anybody working at Dropbox looking at these Issues? Or is this just a company milking the remaining paying users until they shut down eventually. 

RAChalmers
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I don’t know but I’m in the process of moving my work files to iCloud.

vmkirin
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I was an early adopter of DropBox in 2010 and really want to keep using it (got a bunch of free space by sharing in those days). But **bleep** losing my work every few hours is a HORRIBLE user experience. I contacted Apple at they can do nothing. It's all on DropBox. There was an update to both the iPad and DropBox in the past week... fingers crossed it fixed it but I have no confidence right now. 😕

marsiancba
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem happens for me for at least a year. Why is this not fixed already?

RAChalmers
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I was advised to clear the cache by selecting the cog wheel options, then deleting the app from iPad. Restart the iPad, then download Dropbox again.
So far it seems to have solved the problem although I’m not convinced. We will see if it comes up again, I have a lot of work to do this week so I’ll see.
Need more support?