cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Invoice (Alpha)–down for maintenance?

Dropbox Invoice (Alpha)–down for maintenance?

zacd
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Is any other alpha testers for Dropbox Invoice (invoice.dropbox.com) unable to access their account? I checked on the client end and clients can't pay their invoices, and I can't access my account. 

32 Replies 32

jm4130
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Really hoping for some kind of word from Dropbox if this will be back at any point? I know you threw the EULA at us but even videogames in alpha/beta testing will notify the users when they are taking it down for maintenance. Dropbox doesn't have the appropriate dev pipeline to do the same?

I basically just need to know if I need to re-create my invoices by hand or if this service will be back up anytime soon with an ETA. Thanks!

HeidiParthena
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Do we have an ETA on it coming back up? Agreed with others that while we understand alpha and beta products have different terms than standard products, a simple communication would be nice. Please provide an ETA to those of us who rely on this for our businesses.

jm4130
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes even if it's back up in a read-only state as a temporary measure , I have pending draft invoices that I would really like to get out of the system

Adam B.28
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Following this thread as I'm experiencing the same. I understand alpha/beta products are subject to different EULA terms, but considering this product supports some folks entire livelihoods, not giving a heads up on maintenance is a joke, especially starting the maintenance at the beginning/end of the month when most of us send out payments.

This is a product that actively deals with payments and payment processing - alpha, beta or not - taking it fully offline without a heads-up of any sort is perplexing.

HeidiParthena
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have a service request into DropBox - I spoke with a rep today and they are escalating and said I'd have a reply within 24 hours. I will post here when I get it. This is absolutely flabbergasting. 

alaxman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dear customers,

I’m Ajay, the Product Manager for Invoicing. I apologize for this outage and any inconvenience it may have caused. Your data is secure and has not been lost. We’re working to restore service within days and installing measures to prevent future incidents. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Ajay

HeidiParthena
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ahhhh ransomeware attack?

jm4130
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

For anyone following this issue, I got a human response from a helpdesk ticket, and they have no idea when it will be back online and said there is no ETA.

Seems like something went really wrong, makes me kind of nervous overall for data security across the platform 

alaxman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello,

Quick update on the Invoicing product maintenance: we’re still working on it and plan to grant staged access to our most active users by the end of this week. I want to reiterate that all the data is safe and secure. I’ll provide another update by EOD Friday (April 7).

Warmly,

Ajay

rubin
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Ajay @alaxman,

How will you determine most active users? What does the timeline look like for access to all levels of use? I don't know where I fall on the spectrum but consider myself an active user. 

Thanks!

Need more support?