cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Account and all files deleted

Dropbox Account and all files deleted

eetadafe86
Explorer | Level 3

It is ridiculous that there is no direct support email of any kind. This my only means of communication.

All of my files and my account have been deleted!!!!!!!!

No Email or Evidence of why this happened.

My account used to be a premium account so I have files and data on there that doesn't exist else where. 

Can someone please contact me to resolve this, ASAP

7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @eetadafe86, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you check the events page and the deleted files page to see if the files are visible there?

Did you have your Dropbox account signed in on any other devices or browsers?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

eetadafe86
Explorer | Level 3

Nothing there. Lets skip the trouble shoot solutions assume I have technical knowledge.

I last logged into my account on the 8th of September and all personal files were there.

Unable to login, I had to create a new account using my email address. 

All of my personal files are non-existent. 

My entire account and all files were deleted. 

I suspect this is cross over from a separate work account which has (incorrectly) been suspended.

This is not a discussion for public form and I would prefer a direct email or call.

Mark
Super User II

What is the error message when you try and log on @eetadafe86 

If it was linked to a business teams account and, as you said, that has been disabled/closed then all associated accounts are also removed. The only way to solve that is via the business admin - they wont talk to anybody who was a user of the team. 

And you wont get a call, that's for paying business users only. If you want email support go to www.dropbox.com/support and log a ticket. Make sure you are NOT logged in to anywhere (even here) if you are on a free account. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Was this work account part of a Dropbox Business team, and your account was deleted from there?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

eetadafe86
Explorer | Level 3

On my personal account there is no error message, it is completely erased.

On my work  business account 'This account has been suspended please speak to administrator' 

I can not do my job without access to those work files on the business account. 

The Whole scenario is ridiculous. 

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox cannot help with the work account one - the only person who can is the Business Administrator. 

And if your personal account was also using a licence of the business plan (which I suspect), again, the only people who can help here are them. Contacting Dropbox wont help I'm afraid as its the admin of the team (i.e. the business you work for) which has done this. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

@Mark is correct, if the team admin has suspended your Dropbox account, then our support team wouldn't be able to assist, since your account is technically owned by the team admin.

You can try contacting them directly in order to unsuspend your account, and if need be, convert your account back to a Basic plan away from the team.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?