cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: raw=1 as default

Is it possible for me to change settings to get raw=1 as default link?

Charles P.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I make a link to Dropbox content I got dl=0 as default. Is it possible for me to change settings to get raw=1 as default link?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Charles P.3 wrote:

When I make a link to Dropbox content I got dl=0 as default. Is it possible for me to change settings to get raw=1 as default link?

No, there's no option for that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Charles P.3 wrote:

No, there's no option for that.

Charles P.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ok. Thanks for fast reply.

JasonSilverDBX
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution

@Rich is correct, though this is an interesting feature idea.  You may consider posting this in the community forums idea board to get a sense of how common this need would be.  I am a Product Manager for our Sharing capabilities and this would certainly seem to be a niche power user capability.  Thanks for your question!

Gadgetfan
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Jason, Thanks for your response and support on this feature request!

I have added this as a Dropbox Idea, because a setting to allow me to set a raw=1 default for shared links would be a great help in my use cases. Currently I need to do it manually for every link, both to make the content larger for recipients with smaller screens and to allow downloads.

If anyone reading this wants to chime in under Dropbox Ideas with your use cases, so Dropbox product teams can see this as a priority, that would be great!

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Can-we-have-an-option-to-have-raw-1-as-default-for-sha...

Need more support?