cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I view a shared file without adding it to my account on the iPad Dropbox app?

How can I view a shared file without adding it to my account on the iPad Dropbox app?

Ben45
New member | Level 2

Hello, 

A folder recently got shared to me on my Dropbox account. Since I don’t have enough storage, I cannot save it to my account. This is fine since I just want to view the folder. But I can’t figure out how to just view the folder. In the error window, it says that I can view the file I just can’t save it. Again, thats fine. Here is an image of the dialogue I’m getting and also the comment I am referring to. 

Ben45_0-1716475676792.png

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Welcome to our Community, @Ben45!

Have you tried accessing the folder from your account on dropbox.com instead?

If you can't view the folder there either, without adding it, I'd suggest asking the owner of the folder for a "view-only" link.

That would allow you to view and download the folder, without adding it to your Dropbox.

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?