cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was I redirected from a link given to me, to my own Dropbox account?

Why was I redirected from a link given to me, to my own Dropbox account?

ll9956
New member | Level 2

I was given a link to a dropbox account owned by a public-supported radio station I am associated with.  When I clicked on this link, I was shunted to my own dropbox account.  How did this happen?  How can I prevent this from happening?  I desperately need help.  Anyone?

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@ll9956 wrote:

When I clicked on this link, I was shunted to my own dropbox account.  How did this happen?  How can I prevent this from happening?

What does the link look like? Post it here but change a few characters so it's invalid.

Rich
Super User II

@ll9956 wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/XXXX%20HD-1%20Radio/XXXX%20NEW%20MUSIC/Folk

That's not a valid link. All they did was copy the URL from the address bar in their browser. It will only work for the owner of that account/file.  They need to create a shared link.

ll9956
New member | Level 2

Thank you!  I sent your message to the folks who supplied that link.  I will let you know their response.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ll9956 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?