cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I send or share a folder privately to another user?

How can I send or share a folder privately to another user?

standard_individual_user
New member | Level 2

I want to send my landlord a copy of my ID, a bank account statement, and some paystubs. This is sensitive information, so I would rather not email it, but after exploring the various options that dropbox offers, I think this is my only option.

- "Dropbox Transfer" doesn't work because my landlord doesn't have dropbox.

- "Dropbox DocSend" doesn't work for a number of reasons.

- I want to send a folder with 3 files.

- I don't want to pay a ton of extra money for this to work. I already pay for Dropbox Plus.

My Question is: What kind of Dropbox plan/subscription would I need to make this work? I have Dropbox Plus, do I need to upgrade that? Is a "Dropbox DocSend" subscription something different?

Overall I am disappointed at the moment in two things. 

1) This seems like a really basic, simple thing to do, and moreover, it is something that will help prevent crime and identity theft. Why doesn't Dropbox support it? (or at least why do they reserve this feature only for larger business accounts)

2) The pricing structure / feature structure is obscured and is confusing.

I think the end solution will be that I just email my landlord these documents. Hopefully they stay safe.

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox Transfer will work - thats what its designed for. You dont need an account to receive things. You just get a link via email which you click on and everything downloads. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @standard_individual_user, thanks for messaging the Community.

Dropbox Transfer would be possible to download for all users, and the person receiving the transfer wouldn't need a Dropbox account to do so.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?