cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I link my text files to my YouTube channel?

How can I link my text files to my YouTube channel?

Vernongrant73
Explorer | Level 3

hi. im creating youtube channel and wanted to link text files from dropbox to the youtube channel. how can i do that please. i uploaded the videos already yet i have study guides to link to certain videos and got a dropbox account now. thank you

6 Replies 6

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Vernongrant73! Thanks for posting on the Community. 

What you can try, in this case, is to create a shared link to your text files and add it to your YouTube channel/videos. 

One thing to keep in mind though is that this could potentially cause your Dropbox account to exceed its daily limit of data sharing in certain occasions.

Let me know if you need more help though.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Vernongrant73
Explorer | Level 3
Im trying to figure out cause youtube said that atuff under advanced option for high traffic whatever. Im working with nonprofit nd got the videos up. I authenticated acct to upload long videos. Im trying to make study guides available too.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Vernongrant73, thanks for the update. If you have any specific queries we can help with in regards to Dropbox, please let us know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

T_theresa_A
Community Manager

Hi @Vernongrant73 and welcome to the Dropbox Community 😊

As @Nancy mentioned, YouTube doesn’t support adding text files like .doc, .docx, or .pdf, but you can share a Dropbox link in the Youtube description to your Study guides instead.

By the way, I’m Theresa, a Community Manager at Dropbox. If you're open to sharing, I’d love to hear how you use Dropbox daily and which features you rely on. We might be able to share tips to boost your productivity!

Looking forward to hearing from you ðŸ˜º

Vernongrant73
Explorer | Level 3

thank you. i work with a group of franciscan nuns here in sacramento, ca. i spent months of digitizing a donated media collection to be mp4s and posted them on youtube simplyfranciscanchannel which the videos will be made public later this month. along with the collection were study guides for different videos that go with them. i spent months digitizing everything. were trying to figure out how to link the pdf files. apparently youtube has some external linking feature only available under "established" advanced accounts. this is a new account so im not sure what to do. this whole collection was donated with all appropriate copyrights and this group wants to freely pass on this franciscan resource. thanks

T_theresa_A
Community Manager

@Vernongrant73 Thank you for sharing how you are using Dropbox! Using the Dropbox shared link in the caption is the perfect option at the moment, as it will allow easy access to the study guides. 

However, as your audience and the number of clicks on the link increase, it may be worthwhile contacting YouTube to explore options for enabling external linking features. 

Additionally, I'm sure your work with the Franciscan nuns is incredibly worthwhile and impactful, as you are helping to preserve and share important resources with those who could really benefit from them. 

If you would like anymore information about using Dropbox and any features, please do not hesitate to reach out and join in conversations here on The Community! 

😺 (Dropbox Community Manager) 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

T_theresa_A Community Manager
    Vernongrant73 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?