cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide visibility of other users when sharing.

Hide visibility of other users when sharing.

L-Clough
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I recently shared a folder via CopyLink with several people. I insert the link into the body of an email and send to multiple recipients.

One has let me know that they can see who else is accessing it.

In this context this ins not a good thing. It's really unprofessional because the folder contains material for actors auditioning for a role so essentially they can see who else is up for the job which cannot happen.

I've used Dropbox for years and this has never come up before.

Please can someone let me know:

a) it's possible to hide the visibility of all other users

b) and if so, how do I do it to ensure this never happens again.

I have a Dropbox Plus Account

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@L-Clough wrote:

I recently shared a folder via CopyLink with several people. ... One has let me know that they can see who else is accessing it.

If you use a view-only shared link, no one with the link can see anyone else that has access. If you invite them to join a shared folder, then any member can see all other members. The purpose of a shared folder is collaboration, so it makes sense that members can see each other.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@L-Clough wrote:

I recently shared a folder via CopyLink with several people. ... One has let me know that they can see who else is accessing it.

If you use a view-only shared link, no one with the link can see anyone else that has access. If you invite them to join a shared folder, then any member can see all other members. The purpose of a shared folder is collaboration, so it makes sense that members can see each other.

L-Clough
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks so much - I've made those changes.  Such a simple thing to do that I wasn't aware of.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

L-Clough Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?