cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Couldn't Load Photo

can't open jpg on my dropbox app on my phone

BBCjustin
Explorer | Level 4

Good morning,

I woke up today and I can't open jpg files in the dropbox app on my iphone. My phone has the latest update and so has the Dropbox app.

I have two Dropbox profiles but I can't open jpg's on either of them..... it's really annoying becauase I need to get access to those pics on the go everyday at work....

Anyone has a tip or two about how to solve it? Thanks in advance,

Justin

35 Replies 35

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Kenda, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I checked this on my own device, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

If you tap on "account", then on the gear icon and then on "clear cache", are you seeing any difference?

Also, do you have at least 500MB of storage space available on your device (the device itself, not Dropbox) for the Dropbox app to work correctly?

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

eriq c.
Helpful | Level 7

Yes! We are all experiencing this same issue - see this thread:

can't open jpg on my dropbox app on my phone

Kenda
Helpful | Level 5

Hello Hannah,

I cleared the cache, but it did not fix the problem.

I store all files in the Dropbox cloud, not locally, but I do have plenty of of space available in the Apply iCloud (using only 2.9 GB). According to the Dropbox app, I have 81.92 GB of space available for local storage on my phone and I am using zero.

Up until yesterday, the Dropbox app has worked the way it's supposed to on my iPhone.

Thank you,

Kenda

Kenda
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you, Eric.

I guess it's nice to know that I am not the only one with this issue. When the problem started for me yesterday, I had not installed the latest iOS update yet. I installed it this morning, hoping it would fix the problem, but it didn't. I'm just pointing out that this issue was not caused by the 16.3.1 iOS update - in case anyone wonders about that.

meredithcardall
New member | Level 2
I am having the same issue. Started about 20 hours ago. I’ve cleared cache, uninstalled and installed app, restarted iPhone, etc.

Jlion029
Helpful | Level 5
Definitely seems like a Dropbox app issue and not an any individual users issue. Dropbox team hope you’re able to raise a ticket for this issue internally and fix 🙏🏻

Alyssakeyes
New member | Level 2

I am having the same problem - on an iPhone 13 which has been updated along with the app.  I have deleted the app and restarted and redownloaded several different times.  I tried making them available offline and nothing is working…

reedy
New member | Level 2

hello,

i have encountered a problem that i have just noticed about an hour ago, I'm unable to view photos that are in my dropbox folders,

I'm currently using an ipad and iphone however, i am able to view photos when using a laptop with no issues. my iphone and ipad are up to date with the latest ios and so is the app (version 316.3.2) I have tried clearing my cache and logged out and logged back in again to no avail, i have also deleted the app and re-installed, again with no success. 

thanks in advance 

reedy
New member | Level 2

apologies, i have just noticed that there are already threads relating to this issue

meredithcardall
New member | Level 2
My images just came back. I haven’t done anything in the last three hours. I hope it’s working now for everyone.
Need more support?