cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's a change in the way files preview with grey boxes around.

There's a change in the way files preview with grey boxes around.

Rei3e
Helpful | Level 6

Hi there! Dropbox recently updated the preview image experience and there is now grey shadow boxed around all of the image previews. Unfortunately, for individuals such as myself who have to cull through thousands of images a day, this makes it much harder to have a clear preview of the image. Even on the large grid, the images are much smaller with this shadow border. I would love to be able to use the old view.

This change alone has increased my culling time by over 30%!  Yikes! I hope to see a resolution.

These are they grey boxes that are also present around each individual image. 

Screenshot 2023-08-11 134451.png

21 Replies 21

Durran684
New member | Level 2
I’m very confused, 6 months ago you implied you were working to fix this. Now in March my phone auto updated to have this issue on my Dropbox and I have to work through hundreds of images/videos a week and severely messed up my workflow. Is there anyway to revert? Changing the grid options does nothing and changing to list still messes with work flow

harry785
Explorer | Level 3

I agree with it too

The new design is terrible for those of us, Image preview should be as big as they used to be in the view of the grid, I hope to see a solution!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

harry785 Explorer | Level 3
    Durran684 New member | Level 2
    leveeroadstudio Helpful | Level 6
    Tyto Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?