cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Swiping through photos full-screen on an Android phone in the Dropbox mobile app

Swiping through photos full-screen on an Android phone in the Dropbox mobile app

Water-Air
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I would love to be able to swipe through full-screen photos in the Dropbox folders on my Android phone.

At the moment, I have to click to open the photo to full-screen, click to reduce it again, choose another photo, and click to open that. It’s downright embarrassing when I’m showing photos to my friends on my phone that I have the functionality and speed of a 15-year-old phone just because I’m using Dropbox.

I would love to be able to show the photo full-screen and then swipe through my Dropbox photos the way I can with photos in my Gallery.

I see other users have the same problem.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/View-download-and-export/mobile-app-photo-viewing/td-p/682754

I’ve tried to solve the issue by setting Dropbox to open photos through a gallery app, but this makes the problem even worse. Using one of these apps (which works perfectly for non-Dropbox photos) is a navigation nightmare when opening Dropbox photos.

Again, I see that other users have been struggling with this.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/View-download-and-export/Can-t-scroll-from-one-photo-to-another-on-t...

Please tell me if you already have a way for me to swipe through photos in my Dropbox folders. If not, please fix it.

Thank you

11 Replies 11

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I was just making sure we're on the same page there @Water-Air  - thanks for your nudge on this.

The option to swipe through your photos is available when previewing them normally at this time, not full-screen. 

That said, note that I've noted your feedback in our system and you can let us know if you have anything else to add.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Water-Air
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Walter, 

Thank you for noting our feedback in your system. 😊

Apart from this, I'm very happy with Dropbox 

Best wishes,
Water-Air

Need more support?