cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly can't drag and drop anymore

Suddenly can't drag and drop anymore

Orenda
Explorer | Level 3

So I updated to the latest Dropbox app version on my Ipad Pro 2021 (which also is updated to the latest iOS version) and now I suddenly can't drag and drop any files anymore from my Dropbox app into other programs. I changed nothing in my settings and it was working perfectly until the updates hit.

I do not get any messages, I try to drag the file from the Dropbox app to my Procreate canvas and nothing happens (it used to say "importing" and then it imported the file I dragged in).

Is there any fix for this?

16 Replies 16

Om Gajjar
Explorer | Level 3

Did you tried re-installing Dropbox on your iPad Pro?

Orenda
Explorer | Level 3

Yes 🙂

Om Gajjar
Explorer | Level 3

1. On the Dropbox main page, click on the view button to open the drop-down menu.

2. Select the Grid option, and then attempt to drag and drop files to Dropbox to check if the issue persists.

TRY THIS👆

Orenda
Explorer | Level 3

Sadly, this doesn't work either 😞

I also tried removing the Cache, it didn't help...

Om Gajjar
Explorer | Level 3

I think you should use the upload feature rather than using drag and drop...

As far as I know that the drag and drop feature is new in iOS so it may result in drag and drop error but drag and drop should work in Mac or Windows PC

If an update comes in your iPad than update to the latest version and try it again.

Orenda
Explorer | Level 3

Ok, well, I tried that but then half of the times I get the notification that "file name is not correct" and it shows me file names like titleofpicture.jpg.icloud suddenly! I didn't add the .icloud extension? Might that extension be the problem?

Om Gajjar
Explorer | Level 3

Did you upload it direct from iCloud to Dropbox?

Orenda
Explorer | Level 3

Nope, I don't use iCloud, it just happened to be on my iPad.... I uploaded the folders and files from my Windows desktop computer into my Dropbox account/folder. and then when I got my new ipad I downloaded the dropbox app for it and started using that in the drag and drop fashion and it all worked perfectly like that, until the update of the iOS and the Dropbox app.

I also tried logging out on my icloud account on my ipad, restarted the ipad, reinstalled the dropbox app, and tried again but it didn't work either 😞

Om Gajjar
Explorer | Level 3

So you can rename the file name and just remove the extension of .icloud. Removing the extension should solve your problem.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Orenda Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?