cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shared Link / "scl" to "s"

Shared Link / "scl" to "s"

Pysio13
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello. My question concerns my recent issue with file sharing. Usually, my links were generated in this way: 'https://www.dropbox.com/s/'. However, lately, every file is being generated in this way: 'https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/'. Do you know a way to restore the old way of generating links? I just need old way of links, because game can't read new links

Greet 😛

211 Replies 211

aaronpanganiban21
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Hey mods,
Are you seeing this?
Any response or update yet?

eagledrop
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Not very good news from Support:

We are currently changing the way users create shared links. All new links now have the /scl/ token instead of /s/. We have never supported modifying links the way you are doing it (using dl.dropboxusercontent.com), and at the moment this functionality won't work on the new /scl/ links. Our engineers haven't committed to supporting this in the future, but things may change.

Marconius
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Adding my own note here:

1. The rlkey bit makes links way longer than they used to be, which is a pain.
    1. Deleting that bit prompts a login, so not an option.
  2. Can no longer change www to dl to create a direct link, which is a major issue.

These are both issues that make the platform effectively useless for my purposes. I could maybe deal with Dropbox forcing people to view all files through their viewer, but the already massive links becoming 50% longer is an absolute game-breaker for me.

ramonB
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The new links to embed an audio file in an html player don't work.

Forebears
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Yep, the audio player use case completely breaks with this change.

Seems like a pretty dumb way to lose a significant amount of customers on Dropboxes end. I’m surprised they aren’t concerned about this functionality at all.

matthewdbx
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi everyone, thank you for providing feedback in this post and bringing to our attention the issue with dl.dropbox.com and dl.dropboxusercontent.com not working for /scl/fi/ shared links.

Our engineering team is now aware of the issue and is actively working on a fix to restore the functionality that’s been mentioned. We expect this to be available within the week, and we’ll continue to keep you informed of the fix status in this forum post.

As we continue to roll out the centralized /scl/ link model in the future, we’ll continue to monitor this post and the community forum for any additional feedback.

Thank you again for the feedback and input in this post, and sincere apologies for the disruption the issue has caused.

stiletto2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Great news!  Thanks!

eagledrop
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thank you!!

ramonB
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
All's well That ends well. Thank you so much.

bleach hawk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Good to hear, thank you!

Need more support?