cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAGE TURN ARROWS need to be MORE ACCESSIBLE NARROW WINDOWS

PAGE TURN ARROWS need to be MORE ACCESSIBLE NARROW WINDOWS

tadamori
Explorer | Level 3

I have to stretch a Dropbox window wide before I see the arrows to turn pages. If I'm using multiple windows at a time, it makes it harder to fit them all on my monitor screen.  Change the arrows so they don't disappear when the window gets skinny.

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @tadamori, thanks for posting here. 

Can you send me a screenshot of how your Dropbox previews appear, when you have other windows open on your computer? 

Please make sure to blur the other windows, before uploading your screenshot here.

Give me a nudge, when you’re ready.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tadamori
Explorer | Level 3

tadamori_0-1697254177632.jpg

Hi @Nancy. Thanks for the follow-up. Here is an example of what I am talking about. The window on the left does not show the arrows to change pages because it is slightly narrower. There is still room to fit the arrows into the GUI. 

**** Also, another highly useful feature that was recently disabled is the ability for Mac users to open a dropbox folder in a new chrome tab by either 1.) selecting from the right-mouse-button-click menu, or 2.) command left click. ****

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @tadamori, thanks for clarifying! 

Interesting. Do both of these things happen specifically with Chrome or other browsers too?

Is the image on the left the same resolution as the one on the right? Have you zoomed in by any chance? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

tadamori
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Megan.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I just saw this message.

The issue with the arrows happens in both Chrome and Safari. The windows are zoomed to normal size and zooming in or out doesn't affect the outcome. I don't think it's actually a bug. It just seems to be a change since the last GUI update, and I was requesting that the arrows be displayed for narrower windows as there is still space(after a certain amount of narrowing, the arrows disappear from the GUI.) 

The issue with opening windows in a new Chrome tab using the command button or right-click dropdown menu seems to have resolved itself. Not sure what happened, but it's back. 

*** Also, a new problem with Dropbox has come up recently at my company. My coworkers have been complaining about a pervasive issue for the past 2-4 weeks where Dropbox will consistently remove random comments from shared pdf/jpg files. From what I gather, my coworkers will double-check at the end of inputting their comments to make sure none are missing, but even when it seems okay, later on, comments will still be missing.

We use dropbox heavily at my company, and this issue has affected everyone and severely impaired everyone's workflow. I think my supervisors have submitted a ticket with Dropbox, but no word from you guys yet. It's been 2-4 weeks since I learned this was happening. Just wanted to bring this issue to your team's attention if you haven't heard of it yet. 

Thanks for the support. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @tadamori, we appreciate the feedback on this matter. If the arrows disappear, it's still possible to navigate to the next page by using the physical cursor keys on your keyboard to go left or right.

Regarding the comments, are all comments from a file disappearing in one go, or is it a single comment or two from a large number of comments?

Off-topic slightly, are these both from 'isekai into a novel', or 'restarting your life' manwha?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    tadamori Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?