cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all photos visible in the "photos" tab on Google Pixel 7 Pro

Not all photos visible in the "photos" tab on Google Pixel 7 Pro

Arkadiusz
Explorer | Level 3

Device: Google Pixel 7 Pro

App version: 370.2.2

battery saver for Dropbox disabled

Problem:

not all my photos taken with the camera are visible in the "photos" tab. some appear, some don't. all photos are taken in the same way - with a camera.

I have the Polish language version. when writing the "photos" tab, I mean the third icon from the left in the options at the bottom of the screen

When I go to the "files" option (second icon) and then go to the Camera Uploads folder - all the photos are there. Why can't I see some of them in the "photos" tab? It's irritating. Is this a known bug?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Arkadiusz - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you let us know how large are the photos that are not showing in the Photos tab in the mobile app?

Have you tried clearing the app's cache since you first noticed this by the way?

Also, do you see the missing photos in the Photos tab when you navigate your account through a web browser?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Arkadiusz
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the answer @Walter. I cleared the cache, but the problem continues.

It seems to me that it may occur when I "drop" the application from the notification panel, so I guess I close it?

Then when I reopen it and in the meantime take a picture it doesn't show up in the "photos" tab I'm not sure, I'd have to watch it longer.'

Screenshot from mobile app, 3 photos this month are visible

pmrpr3Epmp.png

and from website

aqlJ9MCcuM.png

As you can see, one photo is missing. It will no longer appear in the mobile app. I can close the app, clear the cache, but I won't see it there anymore. 

In this case, the photo that is missing is 2mb, and the others between 2 and 6

Angry Beaver
Explorer | Level 3
I have the same issue. Any new picture I take with the camera doesn't appear in the 'Photos' tab, but they do appear on the 'Home' tab a recent uploads. I'm other words, the pictures are being uploaded but they just don't appear in the 'Photos' tab.

I have tried closing the app and clearing cache but that doesn't fix the problem. I have also cleared data but still no success. The only way to get those pictures to appear in the 'Photos' tab is to uninstall the app, restart the phone, and then reinstall the app. Then all the new pictures also appear in the 'Photos' tab. However, this only works for a few hours with new pictures being taken and then it goes back to not displaying new pictures.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra and am using the latest version of the Dropbox app.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Angry Beaver. Can you also take a look at this Help Center article, and let me know if the info there helps?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Angry Beaver
Explorer | Level 3
Hi @Nancy, that article doesn't apply because as I explained, any new picture does appear after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but only for a brief moment. At some point, new pictures taken stop appearing and I have to go through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling again. Also, the pictures that didn't appear in the Photos tab do appear after going through the process.

In short:
-I take a picture, and it appears in the Photos tab.
-I take another picture, and it appears in the Photos tab.
-At some point, I take another picture and it DOES NOT appear in the Photos tab.
-I uninstall and reinstall.
-Missing picture appears in the Photos tab.
-Repeat the above process.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Angry Beaver, how many photos do you have on your account approximately?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Angry Beaver
Explorer | Level 3
Hi @Jay, I'm not sure on an exact number of pictures in my account, but I'm currently using 18.4% of 2 TB of storage.

To clarify my previous reply: Although the pictures do not appear in the Photos tab, they do appear in the Home tab under the Recent section. They are also in the respective folder of my account. They just don't appear in the Photos tab until I follow the process outlined in the reply.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info. Could you contact the support team directly with this information so that they can investigate this in more detail on their end?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Angry Beaver Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?