cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@ButIfOnly 

Edit: When you have 3 licenses, become you 35 TB? And for the another 275 TB have to pay. 1 TB = 10$ x275 = 2750$ + 77$ per month? 🤔

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

Good that i have 80% from Dropbox mirgate to another Cloud Provider. 20% are still missing, then I will shortly probably terminate my contract.

Dropbox is no longer an Option with the new Policy for our Company. ☹️

Thanks to the Dropbox-Support-Team for the clarification. 👍

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9

@DBXCommunity I think what people are trying to figure out is what happens after 1 year if you have more than 35TB/license and what happens after 5 years if you have less? Is it just that accounts will have to buy more space or will the accounts be locked/closed in some manner?

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

Hi @Eldon McGuinness,

For accounts with 35TB/license or more, Dropbox will reach out to those users to discuss a range of options for meeting their storage needs. In other words, we will provide options to users via individual outreach.

I do not yet have information on how our storage policy for existing Advanced accounts may change after 5 years given the extended time frame. I will provide an update when I know more.

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9

@DBXCommunity Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately, in a professional environment, this type of uncertainty is just not acceptable. Nothing personal of course, but I think those of us who have been waiting for quite a while for a resolution/update on this should be able to get more information sooner rather than later. It is impossible to run a business that relies on storage and its availability when your storage provider is being cagey and unclear as to what the future holds.

Is it possible to get a general idea as to the options that are available to both parties? I do realize that there will be customization for different accounts based on needs and budgets, but the idea of "wait and see" for any information at all is just too much when it comes to this business sector. Data is far too valuable and important to have it sitting on the precarious edge of wait and see.

I hope you can understand where your customers are coming from and the impatience that is stemming from this enduring issue.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

@HWG-1 Apparently not.

@DBXCommunity Can we then add storage as we all want by being charged €10/to with the limit of 1 pb that's right, I understand?

Rootax
Helpful | Level 7
Sooooo I've one year to increase my internal storage solution, got it.

Helpusersplease
Explorer | Level 3

I am being told this is limited to 1TB every 30 days now

haldb
New member | Level 2

@DBXCommunity what restrictions will be on those with less than 35TB per user. Specifically, if they are at 35TB and delete 5TB are they allowed to substitute 5TB old files with new files? Or do you loose it if you delete it. That is existing storage is effectively read only and we can only grow new storage by 1TB per month.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I had the chat all on time, we will be able to increase the storage by 1 TB per month ( included in your subscription) then you can increase by buying additional TB for 10 euros pr TB from November
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?