cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transfer ownership of a DB account

Transfer ownership of a DB account. How to do it?

cruiser1
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, I'm was a volunteer (president) with a charity until recently. I upgraded my DB account in early Covid to help transfer files in the organisation. I've just left and want to transfer the DB account to them. The will then use a different username, password and payment. We need this as the website created over Covid has many links to dozens of documents in the DB folders. The alternative is that I transfer all the material to their (free) DB account, they will need to upgrade and the I delete form my DB. That way is a problem as all the links from the web to DB will need to be changed and we don't have a web admin.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@cruiser1 wrote:

I've just left and want to transfer the DB account to them. The will then use a different username, password and payment.

First, disable two-step verification if you have it enabled on the account. Then change the email address on the account to one of theirs, verify the email, and have them go through the process of resetting the password. Once they've done that, they can sign in to the account and update the billing information.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@cruiser1 wrote:

I've just left and want to transfer the DB account to them. The will then use a different username, password and payment.

First, disable two-step verification if you have it enabled on the account. Then change the email address on the account to one of theirs, verify the email, and have them go through the process of resetting the password. Once they've done that, they can sign in to the account and update the billing information.

cruiser1
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Rich, simple when you know how. Cheers

Need more support?