cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox right-click options keep disappearing on Windows

Dropbox right-click options keep disappearing on Windows

PAULELECTRIC
New member | Level 2

My right click menu options keeps disappearing from Windows 10. I will re-install the Dropbox App and for a short time afterwards when right clicking a .PDF I will be able to see the options that I want. I especially want to see Send A Copy.. however, without even restarting the PC - a short while later this option will disappear and I need to re-install the Dropbox App to have this option show again.

Can anyone provide some context to maybe why this is happening? I am running a Windows 10 Pro PC Build 19045.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PAULELECTRIC
New member | Level 2

It is still visible for now. I will monitor it and the next time the right click menu options disappear I will check if it is visible in the system tray. I have downloaded and installed v193.4.5594

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@PAULELECTRIC wrote:

My right click menu options keeps disappearing from Windows 10.

When this happens, before reinstalling, have you checked to see if the Dropbox app is still running and visible in the system tray? If it is, have you closed the app and relaunched it? If it's not visible, have you tried to launch the app again or simply reboot? Also, what version of the Dropbox app are you running?

PAULELECTRIC
New member | Level 2

It is still visible for now. I will monitor it and the next time the right click menu options disappear I will check if it is visible in the system tray. I have downloaded and installed v193.4.5594

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

PAULELECTRIC New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?