cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team members receiving emails inviting them to edit the folders I uploaded

Team members receiving emails inviting them to edit the folders I uploaded

DT83
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Morning All

I have uploaded folders this morning and everyone within the Dropbox group have had an email from myself (via Dropbox) inviting them to edit said folder.

This is the first time this has happened and my colleagues have made new folders after and no emails have been sent out. 

Support were less then helpful and I am sure it will be a silly setting I have hit my end, but could anyone please help?

Thank you

43 Replies 43

Trew
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I agree

anthony_nordin
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Anybody from the Dropbox team going to respond to this? Any time you create a new folder, the option to send an email notification to all members within the parent folder receive an email is automatically checked. Is there no way to change the default to it being un-checked?

anthony_nordin
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

We just need to know how to change this checkbox default to be un-checked instead of checked.

anthony_nordin_0-1718832987986.png

MChaumont
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Us too. It started yesterday and we have been trying to figure out why this is happening. I can let the team know to uncheck the box when creating a folder, but if there is a way to change that setting that would be much better than unchecking it every time. Thank you

Ifolch
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Same here, since yesterday 2 out of my team of 25 every time they create a folder the rest get notified. I had a chat with support which was useless. Any one found a solution??

Ifolch
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

We dont event see the "send an email notification" box !!!

LylesFirm
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Agreed.  We are still having this problem.  

anthony_nordin
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Someone from support sent me an email last night in response to a ticket I created. Completely ignored what my question was. Basically said "Did you try turning it on and off again?".

anthony_nordin_0-1718905107085.png

AnthonyyC
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It seems like the checkbox was removed yesterday. I spoke with support just now and they say that there is currently no option to fix the problem that we're all facing :upside_down:

My rep suggested that we make posts in the "Share an idea" page to make sure that the developers have visibility on everyone having this same problem.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/101002013

AnthonyyC_0-1718906008098.png

anthony_nordin
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have submitted this in the "Share an idea" section. If everyone upvotes and shares, maybe we can get it fixed by the devs.

anthony_nordin_0-1718908888191.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ttBaH New member | Level 2
    AliceDropbox Dropbox Product Manager
    bgva New member | Level 2
    Lwaldren New member | Level 2
    dealersubmit Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?