cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team members receiving emails inviting them to edit the folders I uploaded

Team members receiving emails inviting them to edit the folders I uploaded

DT83
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Morning All

I have uploaded folders this morning and everyone within the Dropbox group have had an email from myself (via Dropbox) inviting them to edit said folder.

This is the first time this has happened and my colleagues have made new folders after and no emails have been sent out. 

Support were less then helpful and I am sure it will be a silly setting I have hit my end, but could anyone please help?

Thank you

43 Replies 43

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @SHARON VANNI, I hope you're doing well!

I went ahead and removed the screenshots you attached, since they contained a lot of sensitive information, emails and names. 

Do you share a folder with your colleagues? Also, have they adjusted their email notification settings? You can see more about this here

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SHARON VANNI
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Megan, I agree to remove the attachments, I eliminated personal info. The Problem is not what I receive from Dropbox, the problem is what dropbox shares with the other members of the group, of what I did. for every little action I do on Dropbox my colleagues receive an emailSchermata 2024-06-17 alle 15.38.25.png

LylesFirm
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Our office has started experiencing the same thing.  Everyone receives an email notification when a new folder is created in Dropbox.  We also have a team constantly creating folders and the email notifications are overwhelming.  This is a new problem.  How can we fix it? 

Thank you.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @SHARON VANNI, I'm trying to understand if we're referring to a simple folder within your account with no shared, or a shared folder perhaps. 

Also, you mentioned the "members of the group". Would you be able to clarify if we're referring to members that also have access to the folders, or if you're part of a Dropbox team? 

In your screenshot I can see a "SILO" folder, right? Is that shared with anyone? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

JS28
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Our company has been experiencing the same issues with Dropbox. Everytime a folder is created within our team folder, everyone that in our team gets a notification that I am "inviting" them to edit the folder, but we already have permission to edit all the folders anyway. We want this to stop because the emails are overwhelming. 

marleah
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Megan, Is there a solution to this problem yet? We are experiencing the same issue.

Thank you,

Marleah

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey everyone, thanks for letting us know.

Would you mind letting us know the exact steps you're following, that lead to those notifications? 

Are you all members of Dropbox Business teams?

Is it when you're adding files to folders accessible by the whole team?

Also, the OP mentioned a checkbox, do you see the same thing as well and can you send us a screenshot?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

antonioabrego
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Glad its not only me dealing with this. 

Hi Hannah,

Sorry just catching up on this. So it happens when you create a new folder. The option is checked already. it can be unchecked but once made I could not find a way to uncheck that option.  Not sure why its checked now everytime someone makes a folder. I sent you a screenshot after I unchecked it.  

I do use dropbox business and usually do not need to notify anyone with emails ever. Hope this helps IMG_7268.jpg

LylesFirm
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same here.  About a week ago, the "send an email notification" appeared and it was already checked.  This adds an extra step to creating a new folder (unchecking that box).  Otherwise, everyone in the office receives an email notification.  Is this a setting that can changed? 

Trew
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hey Thank You
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ttBaH New member | Level 2
    AliceDropbox Dropbox Product Manager
    bgva New member | Level 2
    Lwaldren New member | Level 2
    dealersubmit Explorer | Level 4