cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password changed but user still has access?

Password changed but user still has access?

Gavin H.4
New member | Level 1

Hi - I have a dropbox account which I share with a few people. In effect a single dropbox login and a few people know the password. Some of these access it via the dropbox App. I have changed the password on the main dropbox account, thinking this will stop them accessing it, but a number still seem to have access to it? Bit concerned as I though once the password was changed they would lose their access.

12 Replies 12

George H.33
New member | Level 1

but tokens can be invalidated from the server side, or rejected at boot time.  Now you're just telling me because it's inconvenient to be more secure for the architecture, therefore it's secure - a very bad argument. 

dh32405
New member | Level 2

I agree with George - I am in a similar situation.  I used my dropbox on a work computer and after leaving the company realized it is probably still sitting there with access.  I changed the password thinking that would stop anyone from getting into it and assumed all my other devices would need to be re-signed in with new password.  No so, they all work without the new password - there must be a good reason it works like this, but I have no access to that computer to unlink.  The only thing I can hope is that the overall computer password is not discoverable. I have changed passwords on all my web based accounts that are sitting in my chrome tool bar.(facebook, gmail, linkedin etc)

Rich
Super User II

@dh32405 wrote:

I have no access to that computer to unlink.

As mentioned previously in this thread, you don't need access to the computer to unlink it. You need to unlink the device from your Account page on the Dropbox website.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    dh32405 New member | Level 2
    George H.33 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?