cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login difficulites

Not receiving 6 digit verification code

elhdesigner
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have been trying to access my dropbox account for the past month and have not received any 6 digit access code emails or any password reset emails, or for that matter any emails from Dropbox. I pay a monthly subscription fee so I don't think my account has been shut down as I have seen in other threads. I NEED these files!

195 Replies 195

daylef
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm going to try very hard not to vent so here goes.

Once again I've been having difficulty logging into a business account (which I manage for a sports club). I go through the motions of "checking the cat in the box/checking the traffic light etc" and I get to "we're going to send a 6 digit code to the registered email address" which never arrives (no it's not in junk). So you get to this useless Chat Bot which prompt a question and my response is "I can't log in" which just goes around and around and tells me I need to login to a paid account (dah!!). Then I try to raise a ticket which tells me they'll get back to me within 24 hours which is no good to me at all. I've searched for a phone number but that is just as pointless. The only glimmer of hope is a delayed response from the Facebook page. What I need is some method to get even a modicum of support from DropBox that I can rely on. In the mean time, my client is waiting patiently for me to sort their problems out. So I guess my question is "what can I do? I'm dead in the water (again)".  

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I’m really sorry to hear about this, @daylef

For how long has this been going on? Is this the first time that you’ve tried to contact our support team, or did you manage to log a ticket with them in the past? 

If the latter, can you please send me any ticket numbers you may have, so that I can look into this?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

daylef
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Nancy

I haven't created a support ticked as I can't log in. Previously ticket #22754874 was created. On that occasion it was a remote laptop (Team Viewer). I've tried to contact via Facebook but that isn't particularly successful other than to pass the problem to someone else. I should probably add that I responded to you via email as I couldn't log in via user and password as it directed me to the emailed 6 digit code. The only way I could log in was via Google which was also convoluted but successful. I have since contacted Telstra (Bigpond email provider and if you're not from Australia you won't understand how ineffective they are) to see if there was some reason they may be blocking the code email but the default answer is "they'll get to me in 3 to 5 days".

The issue is the lack of ability to get help when needed. That and other issues has forced me to evaluate other providers as I have clients who are relying on me.  

Hope you can help

Dayle...  

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @daylef, sorry to hear about that! 

I was able to locate your previous ticket number, and it seems that our agent got back to you. 

However, the ticket was closed due to inactivity, since you didn't respond back to the agent working on your case. I opened a new one for you, and I'll see you there. 

Thanks a bunch!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

narrogingc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The reason I didn't respond is that I can't log in (it always prompts me for a 6 digit code that I never receive). What I have discovered is that I can sign in through Google but that is convoluted in that I have to sign out of my default account and into this one. Then of course I have to reverse that when I'm finished.  

daylef
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is there any chance of someone responding. I was told a new ticket was opened but we seem to have come to an abrupt end.

Dayle...  

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Dayle, I checked our system, and I can see that you recently replied back to our support agent. Please give them some time to review your case, and they’ll get back to you in the same email thread.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

daylef
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

OK will do. What is a reasonable time frame for a response from support bearing in mind I'm unable to contact them directly?

Dayle... 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @daylef - sorry to jump in here, but I just wanted to mention that you can see all about our support team's response times in this Help Center article.

I hope this helps a tad and let us know if you have anything to add in the meantime. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

daylef
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Walter

However. While Drobox Family would offer enough tools for me to get some support, the fundamental problem was I couldn't log in, hence the subject title. Without that, I cannot get Community Forums or Live Chat. Email did function but not terribly responsive or contiguous. My position is to offer IT support for a sports club and I elected to include Dropbox in their document archive and live data. While the archive access is not necessarily an immediate problem the live data certainly is. If I'm unable to provide adequate service to them, my only option is to change plans yet again or review our options with Dropbox entirely. My general opinion of Dropbox has certainly diminished in light of all this.

Dayle...      

Need more support?