cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspected hack on Business account

Suspected hack on Business account

adametheridge
New member | Level 2

Hi there - I need urgent help.

I believe our business dropbox account has been hacked. All our team member accounts have been suspended, including mine (I'm the admin). I can't get access to dropbox support, because I can't login to that account anymore. But I'm still a paying customer.

It's infuriating that I can't reach anyone at dropbox for help. I've tried submitting a message via the website form, but that says it'll take 1-2 business days to respond. Is there anything else I can do?

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@adametheridge wrote:

I can't get access to dropbox support, because I can't login to that account anymore.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

I've tried submitting a message via the website form, but that says it'll take 1-2 business days to respond. Is there anything else I can do?

You'll need to wait for a response. You can reply here with your ticket number and tag one of the Dropboxers, and they may be able to check the status for you.

adametheridge
New member | Level 2

Thanks. How do I tag a Dropboxer? Sorry, I'm new on the forum side of things. My Ticket is #24282567

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @adametheridge - thanks for sharing your ticket number with us.

I've located it in our system and nudged a member of the team to have a look as soon as possible.

They'll be getting back to you in a bit, so keep an eye on your inbox for their message.

Let us know if you have anything else to add in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

adametheridge
New member | Level 2

Thank you. Much appreciated 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

adametheridge New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?