cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to the email address linked with my Dropbox account, so no access to security code

No access to the email address linked with my Dropbox account, so no access to security code

muse7717
Explorer | Level 3

Hi ! I have my password and my email use for the account BUT that email adress (that i wasnt able to change in dropbox ever) got hacked a few years ago. The 2 steps verification that is now in place ask me to go IN that email to get a code. I dont have acces to it anymore. I still have my information for my dropbox just not access to get that code sent. When i contacted dropbox by email to ask what i could do about it, they said that once I connect to my dropbox account, i can remove the 2 steps verification process. My problem is, I cannot connect to my dropbox account to remove the 2 steps verification because i cant connect in the first place because of the 2 steps verification. Now i have lost all the last pictures of my father that just passed away and i cant deal with this. Please help me Dropbox

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @muse7717, welcome to our Community! 

Let's jump right into this. It sounds like you're referring to our one-time security code rather than the 2FA linked with the Dropbox account. 

The latter would require a phone number or special app verification.

In any case, I'd like to send the case to our Specialized agents, in order for them to look into this. Can I send you an email, please?

Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

muse7717
Explorer | Level 3
Yes sure

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @muse7717, I just wanted to let you know that I've sent you an email, so we can continue investigating this issue internally.

Make sure to get back to me when you have a chance.

Thanks!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

luian
Explorer | Level 3

Hola, tengo el mismo problema, mi correo fue hackeado y entraban personas de diferentes partes del mundo con diferentes IP...entonces cambie el alias del correo. Ahora me pide un cogido de seguridad que envían al correo y ya no puedo recibirlo debido al cambio de alias que puedo hacer?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hola @muse7717, ¡espero que estés bien!

¿Le importaría si le enviara un correo electrónico para que podamos analizar esto más de cerca?

¡Déjame saber más!

--

Hey @muse7717, I hope you're doing well!

Would you mind if I was to send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Let me know more!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    luian Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    muse7717 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?