cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to restore the account I made in the past.

I want to restore the account I made in the past.

Masinza
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I want to restore my ???@chol.com account, but I don't have an email for that account.
I created a dropbox account with an email I didn't have when I created the account, so I won't receive it even if I send you a security code.
In addition, email sites cannot create new accounts by shutting down the service. Is there any way I can recover my account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Masinza wrote:

I want to restore my ???@chol.com account, but I don't have an email for that account.

Without access to the email address you wouldn't be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain a valid email address to be able to receive password resets and one-time security code.

Also, if the account has been idle for more than a year then it would have been deleted, along with all content, due to inactivity.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Masinza wrote:

Without access to the email address you wouldn't be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain a valid email address to be able to receive password resets and one-time security code.

Also, if the account has been idle for more than a year then it would have been deleted, along with all content, due to inactivity.

Masinza
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's impossible
It's a shame, but thank you for your reply

Need more support?