cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to delete my account, but have no access to the email address

I want to delete my account, but have no access to the email address

solo lev
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I made a mistake and I really need your help to find a solution. I created a second Dropbox account to store and watch my favorite series from all my devices. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to my email address (it is absolutely impossible to recover it) and none of my devices are connected to this second account. I would like to delete the videos stored there, but since I no longer have access to the account, I can't do it. I should mention that I never shared access to the videos with other people. It was solely for personal use, but I would still like to delete them.

Do you have any solutions? Given that it is a series, is it possible to ask Dropbox to delete the videos for violating the rules ? (don't even know if this is the case)

Thank you in advance!

-----

Bonjour,

J'ai fait une bêtise et j'ai vraiment besoin de votre aide pour trouver une solution. J'ai créé un second compte Dropbox afin de stocker et regarder ma série préférée depuis tous mes appareils. Malheureusement, je n'ai plus accès à mon adresse mail (il est absolument impossible de la retrouver) et aucun de mes appareils n'est connecté à ce deuxième compte. J'aimerais supprimer les vidéos qui s'y trouvent, mais n'ayant plus accès au compte, je n'y parviens pas. Je précise que je n'ai jamais transmis l'accès aux vidéos à d'autres personnes. Il s'agissait uniquement d'un usage personnel, mais j'aimerais quand même les supprimer.

Auriez-vous une solution ? Étant donné qu'il s'agit d'une série, est-il possible de demander à Dropbox de supprimer les vidéos pour non-respect des règles en vigueur ?

Merci d'avance !

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @solo lev, thanks for messaging the Community.

Without access to your email address, it won't be possible to login or make changes to your account. You can try to contact our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to pick an email to which you can receive and send emails from.

I hope this info helps.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

solo lev
New member | Level 2

Is it possible for you to delete the videos if they do not comply with one of your usage rules? You would be doing me a great favor! I would like to sign up for my own account, but I am afraid of repercussions since these videos were only for personal use.

Rich
Super User II

@solo lev wrote:

Is it possible for you to delete the videos if they do not comply with one of your usage rules?

No, they can't do that. However, the entire account will be deleted, files included, if it remains idle for more than a year.

As @Jay mentioned, your best option is to try contacting Support using the steps he listed. It's very rare without access to the email, but they might be able to get you into the account. If not, your only other option is to let the account idle out until it's deleted automatically.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

This would only be possible if the the files were shared, and against our terms of service, which is when you could forward an email to abuse@dropbox.com. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

solo lev
New member | Level 2

ok thanks...

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

solo lev New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?