cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried to log in to my Business account with Google and it created a new one.

I tried to log in to my Business account with Google and it created a new one.

ShaqCoulter
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

Longtime Dropbox user. It seems that my Dropbox Business account, alongside my standard way of logging in (through Google) has been completely removed from Dropbox, and I now have a basic plan attached to my Google login?

When I tried to login to Dropbox tonight using Google, it made a brand new account and completely wiped all of my existing files. I have paid for Dropbox Business for a while on this account, and now I can't even contact Dropbox support to sort this out.

This is an example of one of the most recent files. It's still there (hasn't been deleted) so the account has likely been unliked?

[link removed]

Any help is appreciated, the Dropbox account has years and years of photography work I still need backed up.

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ShaqCoulter, and welcome aboard our Community. 

Is it possible you set up a new Dropbox account under a different email address, while trying to sign in with Google? 

In any case, I can see you were able to reach our support team and one of our agents is handling your request. Please keep replying back to them and they’ll look into this further. 

For anything else, I’ll be right here.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?