cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't sign in, since Dropbox keeps sending security code to inaccessible email address.

I can't sign in, since Dropbox keeps sending security code to inaccessible email address.

UshUsh
New member | Level 2

My dropbox account is associated with my Yahoo Email. I know the username and password but when drobox send the 2 step verification on my new laptop i can not receive the mail because Yahoo has recycled my email due to inactivity. I really need help since I can not access my files

I spoke with Yahoo and they said it is in Dropbox's hands.

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

It is very unlikely you will be able to get your account back - see https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access.

Its so much easier if Yahoo! would reinstate your account.

However, you need to speak to support - www.dropbox.com/support WHILE NOT LOGGED IN. Even to here. Try and use an incognito window etc. and that will help.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

UshUsh
New member | Level 2

thanks for the reply...to be clear, I do have access to my yahoo email account and I do have the login credentials to dropbox. I only need access to the 6 digit verification email to login through my new computer.

Mark
Super User II

But you said you dont have access to the Yahoo email as it has been replaced. 

You need access to the email you set up, on the account you joined with, because that is where the 6 digit code is sent. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

UshUsh
New member | Level 2

i have access to the email but it is not receiving the code being sent by dropbox. 

Mark
Super User II

@UshUsh wrote:

i have access to the email but it is not receiving the code being sent by dropbox. 

You will still need to contact support then via the link given initially using the email your account is set up with. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    UshUsh New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?