cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox personnels are trustworthy?

How secure are my files on Dropbox and can they be accessed by the employees?

alee007
Explorer | Level 3

Is my content physically accessable by dropbox and how can i be assure that my data is safe and caanot be leaked or shared ?

15 Replies 15

Mark
Super User II

They have access to users data, as does most cloud providers if we are honest where required to by law (i.e. if a court orders it). 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Maqali
New member | Level 2
If they can or will ( if they need to in some cases) so how can be user feel secure that the files or data will be not shared or stolen or leaked by the dropbox ( staff) itself?

Mark
Super User II

@Maqali wrote:
If they can or will ( if they need to in some cases) so how can be user feel secure that the files or data will be not shared or stolen or leaked by the dropbox ( staff) itself?

Again, that is the same as most services unfortunately - you just need to trust them (OneDrive, iCloud, GDrive etc.). Or same as using a USB pen / external drive - how do I know a bad actor hasnt put something on the device, or, the software on the device hasnt been breached etc. Or, that the Windows/Mac install hasnt been hacked and people have got in etc. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Maqali
New member | Level 2
If they aren’t honest then what ? User file a suit?

Mark
Super User II

Duplicate conversation ongoing here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Security-and-Permissions/How-secure-are-my-files-on-Dropbox-and-can-...

Maqali
New member | Level 2
If some staff member is not honest or breach the privacy of the user, user has the right to file a suit against DB personnel?
Need more support?