cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in getting to speak with someone, in order to access my account. No access to the email address

Help in getting to speak with someone, in order to access my account. No access to the email address

Stuck2
Explorer | Level 3

Hi - I am both a (paid) Pro and a (free) Basic customer in UK - one used for professional reasons, the other personal. 

There are account complications which the Bot is not helping me with ("Ask another question"), hence which need discussing with a live person. 

Accessing Customer Support, however, requires me to first sign in to my Pro a/c.  Therein lies the problem: I can't.

2-stage authentication involves a code being sent to my (Pro) email address, but a change in circumstances mean that email is no longer in operation.

No mobiles or other devices are linked to the a/c, and the other Bot-recommended actions - eg "sign in then immediately change email address" require me to sign in first - which I currently can't.

How do I contact someone who can help? (The redundancy of email address has caused other complications which require discussion too).

Many thanks

10 Replies 10

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Ronny0909, could you follow these steps provided by @Rich in order to contact the support team directly on this matter?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Ronny0909 New member | Level 2
    Stuck2 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?