cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Tagri, we would need some account-specific info in order to investigate this. 

Would you mind if I sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into it? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Tagri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello Megan,
Yes you can send me an email.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Tagri - sorry to jump in, but I just followed up via email, so please have a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Tagri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello Walter,
I created this email that I am using now just to communicate with you, but I cannot access all of my Dropbox emails, meaning they are not regular emails, so I cannot receive anything. When i enter any Dropbox email and write the password, a window appears in which it says that the security code has been sent to your account, but because these are Dropbox emails, I cannot receive anything.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Tagri! Sorry for jumping in. 

Can you clarify if the email address you see here is an existing email address to which you can receive emails?

As a general note, please keep in mind that it’s necessary to always link your Dropbox account to an existing email address, in order to receive the verification email, the one-time security codes, and other important emails sent by Dropbox. This is also important, so that we can contact you there, in case there’s an issue and you need to get in touch with our support team.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Tagri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello Nancy
I can receive messages on this email, but I created it just to communicate with you, but my other accounts cannot receive any messages because they are only for Dropbox. That is, I used to enter the account I wanted and the password only, and things were fine, but since last August, when I type the password, a window appears: The security code was sent to the email I want to access, but because it is a Dropbox email and not a regular email, I cannot obtain the security code. The solution is to stop requesting the security code through an update or something like that.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi again, @Tagri

I’m afraid it’s not possible to block the one-time code prompts, as Dropbox requires them as an extra security measure. In any case, as explained above, we always suggest using an email address that you can directly access for your Dropbox account, so that we can contact you there. 

From what I can see, Walter has emailed you, so please reply back to him, when you get the chance. Even if you don’t have direct access to the email address(es) linked to the Dropbox account(s) in question, there may be a different workaround to resolve this, so please respond to him.

Thanks!

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Tagri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello Nancy

I have been using Dropbox for eight years, and I can no longer access all of the accounts I created. I wish it were possible to ask the person responsible for developing the application to cancel the security code for at least a month so that I can recover my files.

Tagri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello Walter,
I can no longer access all of my accounts because of the security code. I have approximately 60 accounts that I can no longer use due to the security code request. The solution is only by stopping the request for the security code via an update or something like that. Is it possible to contact the developer?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Tagri, I can see that Walter sent you an email, in order to check internally, what can be done about this. 

If you could hold tight, and have some patience until he gets back to you, that'd be amazing, thank you! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?