cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account access

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Merson wrote:

I reset my phone, I know my Dropbox password but I no longer remember the password to access my email, how do I sign in to Dropbox without two-factor authentication?

Sarah 55
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have an old email with an dropbox account but i didn’t used the email anymore since a long time. My account is still existing with old pictures. How can i access? I need an 6 numbers code which got send to this email but i can’t watch it because i don’t have the email anymore.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Sarah 55, I've merged you to this thread. Could you try these suggestions by my colleague to assist on this matter?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

StacyMB
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been reading all the posts regarding the 6 digit code sent to old, unavailable email addresses. I am now a victim to this issue and I am so ill over the chance of losing years worth of stuff. I have yet to read any solution other than "contact your old email provider." How is that possible when it is an old work email address from 10 years ago? I just was in my account yesterday and now for some reason, it is asking for a 6-digit code????? 

Are you really telling people they can't gain access to their stuff? There is absolutely no work around?? If so, that is absolutely crazy to me and so unfortunate. How do I can my subscription?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @StacyMB, thanks for the info. Could you try this suggestion to contact our team?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Pardhivan
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thanks for dropbox team sloved my Problm now it's open...

chaudharyji930
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If it says you need one then you cannot circumvent that I'm afraid. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dsosa07
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
How can I access my Dropbox without getting the 6 digit code I need to access the old account I had in college but I no longer have access to the email. The answers in the help center don’t help at all. Please help!!!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Dsosa07 wrote:
How can I access my Dropbox without getting the 6 digit code ...

In most cases, you can't. If you're being sent a one-time security code or if you've forgotten your password, you need to have access to the email address on the account in order to gain access to the account. You best option would be to contact your email provider to see if they reactivate your email address.

Need more support?