cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can I restore an account that was deleted?

Can I restore an account that was deleted?

sebunk
New member | Level 2

Hello Dropbox Community!

This is my first time using the forum. Nice to meet y'all!

I decided to make this post thinking that maybe someone has ever had or heard about an issue like that. 2 Days ago, I was using the  trial plan for business plan, and I decided to cancel the free trial plan and switch to the "plus" plan, but somehow, the dropbox team decided that it will a good idea to terminate your account if you cancel that plan, and I have no idea why someone would ever add such a thing on the billing page. I terminated my account, and I lost access to my files because I was looking for a downgrade. For 2 days, I've been trying to connect with the Dropbox team to figure and sort this out, but nothing happened so far. My files contain years of work and legal paperwork, and they seem to not care about that. 

Does anyone have any idea if I will ever recover my files? I don't really care about the account, but the files are so important to me.

27 Replies 27

sebunk
New member | Level 2

Just explain to me how it's humanly possible to delete someone's account and files because he pressed cancel plan? How is that possible to sound normal to anyone from Dropbox management?

Ranchen
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @sebunk I'm a product manager at Dropbox and I will escalate this within Dropbox. I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

sebunk
New member | Level 2

The Dropbox support team managed to find a solution and sorted the issue!

I'm happy that I got my files back! Thank you everyone!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Happy to hear that, @sebunk!

If you need anything else, just give us a shout.

Have a great weekend!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Nicolienkool
New member | Level 2

I have exactly the same issue, reading along

Nicolienkool
New member | Level 2

How! I am crying mu eyes out, all my work is in that deleted box!

Nicolienkool
New member | Level 2

Hye Hannah, can you please help me with the same issue?  I have a subscription for a year, then yesterday I added en trial for business just to check it out and decide it was not for me, I wanted to cancel that trial, only to find out that my whole former account is gone, in that account I have my life, I am a filmmaker, every raw material is in that account, my photos' my work, my family, everything, I have had the worst night of my life and I am begging you, please recover my account that was not deleted by me on purpose because my whole work will be ruined. PLEASE HELP

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Nicolienkool - sorry to hear about this.

Would it be OK if we sent you an email to have a further look internally? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

KamillaV
Explorer | Level 3
Ranchen, I’m having a similar issue can you assist with my account please

Mark
Super User II

@KamillaV wrote:
Ranchen, I’m having a similar issue can you assist with my account please

As you explained on this thread you missed the emails telling you the account was to be removed I am afraid there is no way to recover that account and data. Dropbox immediately removes it from their servers upon deletion. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?