cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a button to report spam or phishing in the Dropbox platform.

Add a button to report spam or phishing in the Dropbox platform.

undrop79
New member | Level 2

Recently, I received an email sharing a Dropbox Paper Docs with me from a known supplier.  When I visited the page I could see it was a phishing scam and that the users dropbox account had been compromised.  The Paper Docs which had malicious links to harvest other users credentials was shared with around 100 other of the users contacts yet there was no easy way to report/flag it to Dropbox.  

My suggestion is to add a REPORT TO DROPBOX button which if pressed by enough users triggers a suspension of access to the page until dropbox have been able to investigate the issue which could help to reduce these scams from spreading. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @undrop79, I hope you're doing well!

Keep in mind that you can definitely use this form to report any abuse, or if you received a suspicious email, forward the complete message to abuse@dropbox.com.

Also, when you're using our website you should be able to see a question mark [ ? ] on the right-hand side of the page. If you click there, you should have the option to "Report an issue". 

In any case, I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @undrop79, I hope you're doing well!

Keep in mind that you can definitely use this form to report any abuse, or if you received a suspicious email, forward the complete message to abuse@dropbox.com.

Also, when you're using our website you should be able to see a question mark [ ? ] on the right-hand side of the page. If you click there, you should have the option to "Report an issue". 

In any case, I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?