cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Moved to Someone Else's Dropbox

Account Moved to Someone Else's Dropbox

thommack
New member | Level 2

A friend of mine signed up for a Dropbox Business Standard Trial. I have a Dropbox Plus account. He wanted to share a file with me. When I received the invite it asked if I wanted to combine my account. Thinking that meant I could see his file using my account I accepted. Instead Dropbox moved all my files over to his Business Trial Account where I am a member but he is the Admin! I can't seem to get to my own Dropbox Plus account. When I log in to Dropbox it takes me to his Business Trial account! This is insane. Can someone help to get me started to get my files back? These are my business and personal files and have nothing to do with him.

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @thommack, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As it sounds like you joined a Dropbox Business team, you'll need to get the team admin to convert your account back to a personal account away from the team by following these steps.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?