cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did I Screw Up Today?

What did I Screw Up Today?

Choreo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I thought I had my own Dropbox Plus account [removed] the past few years, but today I received the following INVITATION (see below) from what I “think” is a new client of mine in California? I am “guessing” the name of one of his businesses might be “Avalon”? I thought this invitation was for them to maybe add a shared folder to my Dropbox account, but instead apparently when I accepted the invitation it CANCELLED my Plus account and somehow made me part of an Avalon Team??? I have never even heard of a TEAM account (nor do I want to be part of one if it affects my previous account and file structure). I subsequently received an email from Dropbox that says my previous account has been cancelled and a partial refund issued??? When did I ask for or agree to that? I now have no idea what I have - I just see Standard Account and Avalon Team files with all my previous clients folders dumped into a single folder with my name? Is there a way to undo this and get back to where I was this morning?

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Choreo_0-1727749219271.png

Hi John,
Your Dropbox account with [removed] is invited to join the Avalon team. You choose how to manage your existing files when you join.
Get work done faster with:
Collaboration tools like previewing, editing, and commenting
The ability to find, access, and share files from any device
100+ integrations, including well-known project management and communication tools

Choreo_1-1727749219271.png

Hi John,

Thank you for joining "Avalon" on Dropbox for teams!

Your previous Dropbox Plus subscription has been cancelled and we've issued $13.27 to your original payment method for the remaining value of your subscription. If you've got any questions, please contact us.

Welcome to the team!
- Dropbox

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Choreo wrote:

I thought this invitation was for ... a shared folder ... when I accepted the invitation it CANCELLED my Plus account and somehow made me part of an Avalon Team???

You were invited to and joined their Business team account. When doing so, you merged your account into their team account, effectively making them the owner of your account. In order to leave the team, the team admin needs to convert your account back to an individual account. It's important that they don't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that were to happen, the team admin only has seven days to restore your account.

After your account is converted you'll be on the free Basic plan. You can resubscribe to the Plus plan at that time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Choreo wrote:

I thought this invitation was for ... a shared folder ... when I accepted the invitation it CANCELLED my Plus account and somehow made me part of an Avalon Team???

You were invited to and joined their Business team account. When doing so, you merged your account into their team account, effectively making them the owner of your account. In order to leave the team, the team admin needs to convert your account back to an individual account. It's important that they don't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that were to happen, the team admin only has seven days to restore your account.

After your account is converted you'll be on the free Basic plan. You can resubscribe to the Plus plan at that time.

Choreo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Does that mean I would no longer be charged for MY Dropbox account?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Choreo Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?