cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for Dropbox charge

Refund for Dropbox charge

NiThormaigh
Helpful | Level 5

I recently changed jobs and my new job does not utilize Dropbox.   Needing to subscribe to a new software system, I transferred all my files and then went to account settings and downgraded my plan from Business to Basic.  This past September (almost a year later) Dropbox charged me $158.88 for that basic plan.  The charge went through automatically via PayPal which is  the billing method I used when I was a paying subscriber.  

Beyond this billing error on Dropbox's behalf, a major problem is that once a customer downgrades to a Basic Plan, you have zero customer service and no access to Billing Settings to prevent this error happening again.  I have sent multiple emails to Dropbox, PayPal and my bank, protesting the charge.  The only response I can get from Dropbox is through their Sales team, which of course, cannot help me.  They send me back to Billing, whom I never hear from.

I'm hoping that someone in the community can help with this issue.  I have always found their product to be good and have used it (at Business level subscription) for years.  I'd rather not part ways with such a bad taste in my mouth.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Sorry for jumping in, @NiThormaigh. Please send me the ticket number from your request, and I’ll leave an internal note to our support team on your behalf, as well.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@NiThormaigh wrote:

Beyond this billing error on Dropbox's behalf, a major problem is that once a customer downgrades to a Basic Plan, you have zero customer service ...

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

NiThormaigh
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for responding, Rich.  I've been able to submit a complaint this way.  Will update when I hear back from Dropbox.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Sorry for jumping in, @NiThormaigh. Please send me the ticket number from your request, and I’ll leave an internal note to our support team on your behalf, as well.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    NiThormaigh Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?