cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to cancel a free account

I'm trying to cancel a free account

mike96
New member | Level 2

hi, I have not used dropbox for many years and continue not to use it- I have a free account set up in July 2013, which was used for approx 2 years (but never cancelled).

Now I'm finding out how impossible it is to cancel, I realise why this wasn't done in the past!!

As per previous posters, the option to cancel does not come up on-screen for me.

And as I do not pay for this service, there seems no option to speak to a real person to get this sorted.

The reason for now trying to cancel, is dropbox appear to want me to agree to paying approaching £100 a year, for something I don't use (I have a paid googleplay account which suits my purpose.).

My main question is, will dropbox continue to email me to 'upgrade' , and then pay a fee, until this account is cancelled? I do not think that dropbox has a payment method for me (going back 11 years)?

And if this isn't sorted and cancelled now, will dropbox be chasing me for payment, for something I don't use/ require?

Many thanks in advance for any help, Mike96

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@mike96 wrote:

As per previous posters, the option to cancel does not come up on-screen for me.

As you have a Basic account, the option to cancel doesn't appear because there's no subscription to cancel. If you just want to delete your account you can do so from the bottom of your Account page.

c9770dd376f84033e6bd789e6e1c09fc.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@mike96 wrote:

As you have a Basic account, the option to cancel doesn't appear because there's no subscription to cancel. If you just want to delete your account you can do so from the bottom of your Account page.

c9770dd376f84033e6bd789e6e1c09fc.png

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mike96, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are you trying to delete your Dropbox account entirely? 

Could you clarify what you mean by a paid Google Play account? Is this for a Dropbox account there, possibly under a different email?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mike96
New member | Level 2

hi Rich, many thanks for this- I will press that button next!

best wishes, mike

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mike96 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?