cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change our Family manager or do we need to cancel and re-upgrade to Family?

Can we change our Family manager or do we need to cancel and re-upgrade to Family?

askmeerkat
New member | Level 2

Hi, our team is currently using the family plan and we want to keep using that plan, but the family manager is leaving the company. 
 I plan to change the manager to someone else and update the payment card. Is it right for continuing to use the data we've had so far?
or would I need to cancel the current plan and subscribe to a new one for creating new account? If I have to cancel, will I be able to back up and continue using our data? (I mean, can I use all previous date with the new account?) and if so, which plan would be best for our team? We're currently using a 2TB family plan, and our team consists of 5 members. 

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our forum, @askmeerkat! Welcome aboard.

To change the Family manager, you’ll need to downgrade from your current Family plan indeed and re-upgrade on your end with your payment details. After that, you can re-invite the rest of the family members. 

Now, since you’re not the current Family manager, you can’t cancel the Family plan on your end (this is something only they can do). However, you can leave the Family plan with the rest of the members, which will convert your Dropbox accounts into Basic ones and you’ll keep access to all of your files (besides the Family Room folder, which will only be accessible by the current manager). For more details, please check this Help Center article.

Other than the Family plan though, you can also check our Dropbox team plans here and see if they could be a good fit for what you want. 

In any case, you can re-upgrade with your current files and not re-upload them to Dropbox. 

Let me know if you have any other questions though.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?