cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't cancel my subscription

Can't cancel my subscription

cwbowers
Helpful | Level 6

I've tried all the online help multiple times to cancel my account/subscription. What an impossible mess. I've been with Dropbox for several decades. I sold my business and I no longer need Dropbox. It is like being jailed and I can't get out. There seems to be no way to get out! And of course they offer no phone help - figure that one out.

Does anyone have a phone number? Do they actually have people working there?

24 Replies 24

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to see you're having trouble cancelling your subscription, @cwbowers.

Can you let us know what you're having an issue with?

Are you getting any errors when you're trying to cancel it?

Let us know and we'll be happy to assist you!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cwbowers
Helpful | Level 6

I get to where I tell your system to cancel my account the last step (whatever) then after hitting continue all I get is two rotating bouncing blue boxes. The boxes go on for hours until I finally close the window. I've done this routine at least 3 or 4 times with the same result. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update, @cwbowers.

Have you tried from a different browser or a private browsing window, to see if that helps?

If not, I would suggest reaching out to our support team directly; they should be able to assist you further.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

cwbowers
Helpful | Level 6

I only use Safari. Will not use Chrome. No idea how to do a private browsing window. Sorry. I've sent several emails to your support team - last week and this week. I've NEVER heard from them. Is there a way you can cancel and delete my account? I'm VERY frustrated and tired of spending my time dealing with something that should be easy to accomplish!

cwbowers
Helpful | Level 6

BTW I don't have problems like this with other websites. Don't hide behind your system failure. It's not my fault.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Did you receive any ticket numbers for the emails that you sent to our support team, @cwbowers?

If so, please send them here, so we can take a look.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Deb Evans
Helpful | Level 5

This is a ridiculous response.  We are all trying to cancel our subscription and only get spinning blue boxes.  And you literally cannot speak to anyone on the phone.  It is beyond infuriating.  Hannah - please figure out what the glitch is and post a reply telling us how to get around it and cancel our subscriptions.  

Deb Evans
Helpful | Level 5

😕🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

cwbowers
Helpful | Level 6

I sent two emails, days apart, to support. I NEVER heard a peep from them. I'm tired of having to take more and more time just to cancel my account/subscription. Why must you, your system, punish a two-decade-long user who just wants to leave after selling their business? 

Need more support?