cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to Export Video to Destination Folder

Unable to Export Video to Destination Folder

Erin_Margaret
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello everyone,

I tried looking for a solution on YouTube to solve an export to Dropbox problem I am having within Adobe Premiere Pro 2023 with one of my videos but I haven't had any success. 

The Encoder Error message says: Could not write destination Media File because it is locked. Access denied.
adobe_premiere_pro_export_locked.png

This is the first time I've experienced this because I've been able to export my other videos to Dropbox with no issues.

So I wrote to the Adobe Creative Cloud User Group on Facebook and I was told not to use Dropbox for encoding.

Then I changed my destination folder to my C drive on my laptop which operates on Microsoft Windows 11 but this didn't solve the issue.

So I decided to open another project video in Adobe Premiere Pro 2023 to see if maybe the video, which won't export, has a technical error in one of the assets I've imported. So I renamed my other video file to test this theory and then exported the video to Dropbox which worked fine. 

I have no idea why one video will export to my Dropbox folder but the other won't.
Adobe_Premiere_Pro_2023.jpeg

Would you know how I am able to fix this encoding export error?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Take care,
Erin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Waferman22
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Erin, 

To Confirm in case this happens again in the future. Reverting 1 full version back resolved this issue for me. Not a brilliant solution but if you needed a quick fix this will work. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Erin_Margaret, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clarify where exactly does Dropbox come into play here? Your Dropbox folder on your computer is another folder like the rest, only with syncing properties; this is why I'm asking. 

In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Adobe's official forum for further assistance as the error seems to be coming from their software, not Dropbox. 

Keep us posted with any updates!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Erin_Margaret
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Walter,

Thank you for your quick reply.  One person I conversed with said that it could be due to my Dropbox folder being locked but I am not sure how to verify this because I see a green tick mark next to each folder saved on my PC. Does this mean my folders are locked or syncing okay from my PC to Dropbox?

I will ask Adobe's forum and see if they're able to assist me with the technical error.

Thanks,

Erin

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Erin_Margaret, the green ticks next to your files and folders mean that these files are fully synced.

Please do let us know what the Adobe forum/support comes back to you with.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Waferman22
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi there! did you ever get a fix for this issue? as i am currently experiencing the same one and it's infuriating! 

Erin_Margaret
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
It must have been a technical issue on Adobe’s end because after a couple attempts I was able to export my video files to Dropbox.

Erin_Margaret
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello to you as well. I hope you are able to resolve it.

Waferman22
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

No worries, thank you Erin! Here's hoping it will resolve itself haha

Waferman22
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Erin, 

To Confirm in case this happens again in the future. Reverting 1 full version back resolved this issue for me. Not a brilliant solution but if you needed a quick fix this will work. 

Need more support?